On April 7, 2016, sixteen attorneys from Stinson Leonard Street’s Minneapolis and Kansas City offices and representatives from Chartwell Financial Advisory presented an afternoon of CLE designed to provide updates on a variety of business law topics. The Power Point Presentations for the afternoon are included here.
The speakers and topics were as follows:
- Update on Mergers and Acquisition: Jonathan Vessey and Tom Jensen
- Trends in Activist Investing: Steve Quinlivan and John Granda
- Corporate Law and Governance Update: Eric Mikkelson and David Jenson
- Environmental Law Update: Aleava Sayre and Stacy Stotts
- Securities Law Update: TJ Lynn and Drew Kuettel
- Labor and Employment Law Update: Kristen Berger Parker
- Valuations and the M&A Market: Tammie Ptacek along with Ted Margarit and Wil Becker from Chartwell Financial Advisory
- Employee Benefits Law Update: Angela Bohmann
- Intellectual Property and Technology Update: David Axtell and Ruth Rivard
- Strategic Venture Investing Update: Scott Claassen
The Business Law Update is an annual event hosted by Stinson Leonard Street in all of its major markets, and is designed to keep in-house attorneys and other practitioners apprised of the major legal updates from the past year in key areas.
ABOUT STINSON LEONARD STREET
Stinson Leonard Street LLP provides sophisticated transactional and litigation legal services to clients ranging from individuals and privately held enterprises to national and international public companies. As one of the 100 largest firms in the U.S., Stinson Leonard Street has offices in 14 cities, including Minneapolis, Mankato and St. Cloud, Minn.; Kansas City, St. Louis and Jefferson City, Mo.; Phoenix, Ariz.; Denver, Colo.; Washington, D.C.; Decatur, Ill.; Wichita and Overland Park, Kan.; Omaha, Neb.; and Bismarck, N.D.
The views expressed herein are the views of the blogger and not those of Stinson Leonard Street or any client.