The SEC’s Division of Trading and Markets is seeking a Crypto Specialist to coordinate activities regarding crypto and digital asset securities.
Job responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with TM staff to establish a comprehensive plan to address crypto and digital asset securities and engaging with other Divisions and Offices on such matters
- Serving as the TM’s point of contact for domestic and international regulators, market participants, and the public.
- Providing expert level comment on policy and workstreams.
- Developing and maintaining expert-level industry knowledge of crypto and digital asset securities and products, as well as legal and policy developments occurring in domestic and foreign jurisdictions;
- Applying knowledge of federal securities laws to digital asset securities and crypto matters, i.e., broker-dealer, exchange, clearing agency and transfer registrations, exchange product applications, sales and trading practices, etc.
- Conducting periodic meetings with Division and agency staff to foster collaboration, open communications and a common understanding of key issues, and relevant industry, legal and policy developments;
- Serving as the Division’s lead representative in the SEC’s FinTech Working Group and as liaison with the FSOC’s Digital Assets Working Group;
- Interacting with relevant Division staff, brief Chairman’s Office and Commissioner offices about salient developments, and represent the Division and agency at conferences and meetings with industry and public stakeholders.